Saturday, March 28, 2015

Surviving the March Release -_-

First off I didn't post yesterday.  No joke I had an out of this world headache and it didn't hit me until the end part of the day.  It only got worse after a work meeting.  Then it was as though I suddenly became super dizzy and just weak in trying to get to my car.  Like I was slugging super hard and I thought maybe the additional weakness came from hunger so I nibbled on some pita bread once I got in the car but by the time I reached Domino's (since I ordered some food) I was feeling very out of sorts.  I got in yesterday sat the pizza down and hopped in the bed.  I woke up and nibbled on some food, took some more meds and went back to bed.  I tried to get up to do more since I still needed to prep for the release today but I was out for the count.  Thus no entry. 

Truthfully there's just a lot going on.  On a daily basis there's having to deal with some of the things going on with the family, house search, and work.  And I desperately want some me time, if only just to write.  I learned today that my grandmother would be getting discharged this coming Thursday.  She still has some a long road of recovery but I really need to land with the house sooner rather than later. 

Oye so Good Friday is this coming weekend.  I've decided to take the following Monday off for an extended weekend and hopefully I'll find somewhere to get some writing done. 

Oh just remembered something from yesterday.  So at some point I started to think I might have a fever because I was just having all starts of strange thought in my sleepy deliria and thought I was dying and how I'd had all these hints alongst the way and explained why I had so many moments of deja vu during the day... And I thought of OTTM.  I really need to work on it.  I think my mind is really wanting to work on it.  I also think if/when I can sit down with some dedicated uninterrupted writing time, I'll make progress on MD.  Just need to reread the last bit but I'm ready to finish it up.  Just no time but I'm so going to get to it next weekend.  It's happening. 

Oh but tonight was the March release and it seemed like just a lot of things went wrong.  App teams weren't online to provide IT sign off.  We had some items pulled the night off and had no notice that they needed to be pulled.  I had to call/track down several app teams to provide sign off.  And today in general was filled with a lot of stuff.  I've had a busy week at work with several projects and a lot of follow up meetings next week to address issues that have come up.  I barely took a break today just because I needed to prep for the release.  Worked from 8-4p then got back on at 6p-12a.  And I did make a couple mistakes tonight but nothing too big.

Just remembered my friend sent me a lovely bday gift that I finally picked up from the post office.  Apparently they tried delivering it a couple times but no one answered.  It was a very nice surprise given the week I've had plus just life in general.  It really is nice to get something, when you don't expect it when life is challenging.  I also picked up the permit for the dumpster today.  So overall a productive day/week. 

Hmm I think there was something else but I'm tired.  Definitely posting a new short sometime this weekend. 

Off to pass out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment