Thursday, February 5, 2015

Early to bed tonight...

Today was a pretty productive day work wise.  I got a few things done for applications I'm working on and some items together/completed for the upcoming release.  So Friday pending, meaning I check off some more things I should go into the weekend with a clear conscious and making a go at updating MD this weekend. 

I noticed with the disruption from my niece being sick I haven't had as many ideas during my morning route and I think because it's been shortened with the direct trip to work in the morning.  I'm also going to try to focus on minimizing the amount of distractions this weekend and try to enclose myself for at least an hour or two of dedicated reading one day and writing/revising another.  I think the reason I (as well as a lot of people) bounce around so much is because we having WAY too many things we're trying to do all at once and it's contributing to a shorter attention span.

Nothing exciting this post but I'm feeling excited about making this a productive weekend :)

Off to work on the daily 100!

Random pic... my ebony and ivory muffins ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Those muffins look devine! And hooray for a more productive weekend. I'm trying to have one of those at the moment but so far it's a bit hectic. You're right in that we often feel very distracted. I've been trying to get all these bits and pieces of things done at once and it's just not coming together. I'll trying and set aside a few hours tomorrow to just forget about things and read/write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah sometimes there's just so much we're trying to do that when we multitask to fit more in, we end up not completing much. Try sitting around and bounce a ball off the wall, talk out loud about your plot, sometimes productive writing can be the non-writing activities too.

      Delete