Thursday, February 26, 2015

Revising ze Book L1: How to Focus


Trying to work on a project?  Here are some steps to ensure you don't reach complete:

1.  Keep yourself busy.  Spare time?  What?  You're not busy enough.  Block it.  Block your calendar with blocks.  Block.  Block.  Block.  Pardon me this is write-blocking, no sexy writing times for you.

2.  BLOCK.

3.  You should juggle.

4.  Keep your mind preoccupied with work stuff you didn't finish because even though your home it should be allowed to invade your space too.

5.  Make yourself totally accessible for EVERYONE for ANYTHING.

6.  BLOCK.

7.  I think I deserve some TV.  Is it Thursday?  Tuesday?  Saturday?  WTH, it's any day.

8.  BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK

9.  Ooo squirrel!

10.  Also block. 

Realistically speaking trying to find time to focus on revising my novel has been difficult and quite frankly frustrating because I know part of my lack of time is my own doing.  I try to do too much and it's just making for long tired days in which I don't get anything on the writing front done.  Even trying to figure out a getaway to get some writing done elicits some guilt.  And it shouldn't be that way.  I should be able to take some time off for myself and work on my novel.  ::sigh::

Okay, I'm done spewing for the moment.  I'm not one to complain much but it has been a bit frustrating as of late given the amount of things I've had to deal with.  Especially when I feel like I have options.  This is my life darnit ^_^

Alright, I think I'm going to hop off.  My niece has already passed out (yay) and I think she's worn out from actually getting up on time this morning plus she had a BH program at her school this evening.  I accidently napped during that.  So tired -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment