Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Small Things: Learning the Art of a Short Story / 52 Week Update

Today at work, and a lot lately, I've realized that I might be able to read as much as of lately but the short stories are doing *something*.  In that it's giving me freedom to just write whatever and be okay with how the story transpires despite my desire to want to fall back on something safe. 

Also with the short stories with trying to keep the word counts short it's really made me focus to concentrate that narrative in the essentials, thus working/flexing another write muscle to me.  And I think it'll benefit me in the long run.  So basically what I'm saying is I like what this short story challenge is doing and allowing me to do (like playing around with ideas that have been in my head and/or creating brand spanking new ones).  I have two short stories that I'm working on that hopefully I'll post some day soon.

After I finish this entry I'll work on "Polluted" as part of my Daily 100.  I had intended to work on MD since I figured out the next scene/transition for the parts but I want to reread P1 before I add to it and haven't had time to do that as of yet. 

Week 1 (1/1 - 1/7) - Ned Finally Died
Week 2 (1/8 - 1/14) - LLFH:  Broken Things
Week 3 (1/15 - 1/21) - The Confession
Week 4 (1/22 - 1/28) - The Garden:  OTTM Side Story
Week 5 (1/29 - 2/4) - Haunters Anon
Week 6 (2/5 - 2/11) -
Week 7 (2/12 - 2/18) -
Week 8 (2/19 - 2/25) -

Figured I'd start adding the dates so I can see how far behind I am.  I think if I could finish up the 2 shorts stories that I've been working on I'd be caught up.  *sigh*  Off to do the daily 100 ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment