Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Paradox of parenting / How Kids Shape Parents


As I sit here thinking how I was going to have an expansive look in regards to this program today and share what I've observed of myself when it comes to parenting but it's late.  Meaning since having my niece stay with me I get to work later than I used to, I got to work late before but now I definitely get to work late (in/around 9) and I work later, which isn't far off from before, in fact I'd work later if I didn't have to worry about picking her up by a certain time so that's probably good.  I can't burn the midnight oil like I used to.

However when I get in there's homework to be done, baths to be had, dinner to be made, and any other random things (such as bad progress reports when someone decides to act a plum fool at school or after school). 

And trying to pull back, exercise patience and just keep a level head with everything else is a challenge.  I was explaining to a friend I've been great writing everyday, which is awesome.  Making progress with my weekly short story challenge but FINDING time to actually work on revisions, hm, yeah, sorely disappointed and frustrated by this.  On top of that is the fact that work is so busy/stressful (like I joked with my co-worker about doing a job search and this is the second day of being a FTE) that I come home wanting some time to lose myself in a book or work on a project and I can't.

Then there are just other things too, that just... ugh.  So long story short this was an awesome program and worth listening too.  I LOL'd at the part about the lack of home upkeep.  Totally me

Paradox of Parenting

And apparently my niece has been spraying the coffee table with air freshener because it was sticky. 

Yeah, time for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment