Tuesday, February 3, 2015

52 Week/52 Short Story Update

But first a PSA -

So I'm not the first person in line waving the "FB IS AWESOME" banner by any means.  In fact I don't use it often or try to log on often for various reasons but as I was looking for something on my timeline knowing I'd find it quickly and I shimmied through 2014 in a highlight reel type of fashion.  And specifically hit the post(s) where a lot of stuff was happening in my life.  There was a lot of encouragement in those comments and not that I haven't stopped to look at where I'm at now in comparison.  But it's still a bit to marvel at this time last year I was aware or about to become aware of my last day at Purina.  And given the news I received today (that I will hopefully post about on Friday) it sort of interesting to come across it.

The other thing I wished to comment on was this odd run in today.  Like I got the impression that maybe I'd done something wrong and I eventually wrote an email to the person apologizing for not checking in since they are going through a bit in their life right now but I definitely got this not so good vibe and sort of awkward elevator ride in which I thought 'oh crap, I flubbed on something'... So without really going into that much.  I'm still not clear and I'm not sure if they'll reply back or not but I recognized this I'm not used to or comfortable with not being liked.  And that's not to say I go out of my way to please any and everybody but if I think someone is mad at me, I can't just let it go.  Like I'll continually over think it and stress myself out.  So I'm writing about it here and I've sent my email.  And going to try to let it go now.  So there. 

At any rate, still working on the "Going Postal" space story but here's the update for the 52 week/ss challenge -

Week 1 - Ned Finally Died
Week 2 - LLFH:  Broken Things
Week 3 - The Confession
Week 4 - The Garden:  OTTM Side Story

Disclaimer:  The last 2 short stories have not been awesome but I have written them nonetheless.  Off to work on the Daily 100.

Random Pic - Yanked from FB.  This image definitely has a story waiting to be woven from it. 

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a cool picture though scary with the water and fog! I hope you get a reply to your email. Sometimes other people just have a lot going on and they're too caught up to be their usual chirpy selves. Hopefully that's all it was.

    ReplyDelete