Wednesday, February 25, 2015

That's right, you've committed.

Today I had an one-on-one with my manager to basically lay down that:

1. I don't complain much so if he's needing me to bring issues to him that probably won't happen often.  And most likely I'll always lean toward not meeting just because of being busy (plus there are just so many meetings -_-).

2. I have contractor mentality.

And to point #2 we spent about 10-15 minutes or so of my manager trying to explain to me there was no need for me to track my time, anywhere, absolutely no where.  I mean I knew being salaried meant guaranteed check but really you don't need me to log my time?  You know I come in late right?  Work even later?  Sometimes on the weekends?  And you don't need to see any of that?  Fine by me ^_^

I also received my official employee badge today.  And I've sort of sneaking employee work in on the side as much as I can, since there's time sensitive things, but it didn't really sink in until that meeting that 'oh wow, I committed'.  Like I raised my head from preparing for the March release to acknowledge 'yes Denise, you work here now.'  Serve your year.

At any rate, must prepare for bed soon, finally got the food put away, homework done, no reading :( but I'll get there. 

And maybe work on the Daily 100 tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment