Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 Year in Review

This won't actually be a full year in review but I thought it was important to go back and look at what I wrote for 2018 in order to look at what I did/didn't accomplish.

So for 2018 my goals/intentions were the following:
For 2018...
1.  Complete the revision of "The Three Year War"
2.  Self Publish another project
3.  Write the first draft of "#TheLastStop"
4.  Write 150k (or more) for the year
5.  Blog once a week (going for an over 80% success rate)... trying this one again
6.  Write 6 short stories
7.  Complete read through of "The Magician's Order" ... trying this one again as well
8.  Travel to three new places
9.  Read 25 books
11.  Reduce debt - Pay off 2 loans or store/credit cards
12.  "Just Because" act of kindness each month

13.  Put 3k into Savings (and not touch it)
14.  Complete a house project (i.e. flooring for one room, garden for spring, organize office, etc) .. rolling this one over too since there's a lot to do still, lol
15.  Once a week health focus (ex: Ensuring I go for half hour walk; 3-5 servings of fruits/veggies; 5-10 minute mindful meditation)

Looks like I accomplished a third of what I wrote down..  Despite that I still feel good with what I did do.  And the ways I got close to completing others or just in the things I did like:
- Classes, classes, classes - 2018 felt like the year of learning.  Rather it was online classes or those through the community college I took a leap (tap, piano, writing, self-publishing, editing/revision workshop, screenwriting, etc)
- Mexico :)
- GYWO almost reached my 150k goal, fell short by about 20k but still great :)

And while I probably have about 15 goals for 2019, I do have one that I plan to make a focus.  Will plan on posting those later this week.  A lot of what I had for 2018 I'll be working on in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment