Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Week into the New Year

And I'm tired.

Lol trying to keep on task with everything is tiresome.  I wrote a little over 1k last night, worked on revision prep but I think I need some time to decompress like a week off.

As it is I'm just going to take it easy tonight especially since I feel a headache coming on.  I was thinking I'd work on my TYW index cards but I'll plan on doing that tomorrow evening (didn't make it to the write-in at the library either since I left work late plus forgot my laptop).

But did have some interesting conversations today.  One of my coworkers lost both her parents last month, two days apart and a friend of mine recently had to put her pet down.  The bonds we make, with our time here and how sacred some of those relationships are (more than others) it's …. I want to say beautiful but just the connections we make and how impactful they are; and how the depth of some of those relationships means we are guaranteed to always grieve.

I hurt seeing my coworkers pain.  I hurt remembering my own.  And later when talking to my friend, hearing about her pet, talking about how short our time is here and trying to be mindful/cherish those that are important to us, I felt myself getting teary again because there's always that desire of 'if only I had one more day' or just wanting more time .. :(

At any rate, I'm a sad puddle right now so I'm going to try to type some words for TYWL, eat some ice cream, and watch a little bit more of Daria before I pass out .

No comments:

Post a Comment