Wednesday, January 2, 2019

First Movie of 2019 - Netflix Movie: "Nappily Ever After"

It occurs to me that I didn't see that many movies in the theater last year.  A couple years ago or so there was a point that it seemed we were going to see a movie every weekend.  That has dramatically gone down.  I think one factor has been cost/trying to save me and cut down on debt.

That said first movie I watched was "Nappily Ever After", a Netflix movie, and I liked it.  I think for any black woman whose struggled over their identity as it relates to their hair will be to relate/identify with some of the experiences of the main character. As this is and can sometimes be a struggle for me.  We all have our various journeys and the subplots within them, I feel for most black women our hair is a major subplot since it ties so much to who we are.  And ultimately there is a liberating scene that I remember just watching it with my mouth open because how often have so many of us wanted to do just what she did.

At any rate I'm glad I watched it :)

***
3.4/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment