Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Idea aka Nano 19 Contender


I took the day off Wednesday in order to heal up and rest a bit since I'd spent the last couple weeks mostly sleeping on the couch.  I started noticing a difference and maybe it was from all the fluids (peppermint tea, OJ, lemon water) and some Robitussin here and there but feeling a bit better.

Did a lot of dreaming but the new idea was not the result of any of the dreams, granted I think I was still loopy when I went for my bio break and I was staring at the floor tile and saw this scene of three people, two of them intimidated by the third looming shadowy figure.  A sacrifice was being made and at the last possible second the one took the other's place.  Now that I write it down it makes me remember that scene from the Hunger Games when Katniss volunteered/took Prim's place.

So I kept thinking about this idea.  Asking questions and getting more and more excited.  Not so excited that I'll jump write into it, but excited enough to write things down, to free write what I know/understand now.  Excited enough to say this might be the world I dabble with and add stuff to as far as notes with the intention of doing Nano 2019 for.  It's way too early to tell but I think my mind is finally ready to take on a full fledged Fantasy.  Not the kind that as I'm writing something it turns into one or has aspects of it but going into the novel knowing it'll be full Fantasy ^_^  Technically it won't be my first but hopefully my first draft for one (since Winter Lily was a Nano novel, Fantasy, but only got about 14k into it).

At any rate I'm still making notes about it.  And likely what I'll be doing here and there but again not my primary focus.  Part of me is playing around with the idea that the story might be based in an established world but I have to dig a bit deeper before I know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment