Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Hodge Podge

Going into work this morning I was listening to NPR and the conversation for the first of hour of 1A was around the incident this weekend with the Native America Vet and white catholic school kid wearing the MAGA hat.  And I wanted to make a post how, because of social media, we've all become so much more reactionary and/or this need to spread things without taking time to fully understand/investigate.
 
I wanted to talk about being overwhelmed with "Notes of a Native Son." With what I've been reading, how relevant those essays are to this day still.  And specifically one of them that moved me.

I also wanted to talk about my lunch at work and my marketing prep/idea (well not too much about the idea) but that I'd did some work toward it...

But I'm tired.  So tired I might go to bed early tonight.

The day started out as an early one with what I thought was due to a dr. appt being today but got the dates wrong and thus drove to an appt unnecessarily.  But I digress.

Anywho this past weekend, since I'm not on social media, I still occasionally get wind of some things and I have to say the beauty of not being on social media is the ability to walk away and digest information, to poke holes at it while the rest of the world/media gets lit on fire.  Not to say that a discussion wasn't needed but the narrative has changed since the initial story.

But we, everyone including the media, or so anxious to be the first to 'break' a story that heed isn't given to trying to capture the right story.  In regards to the story and the various sides (the Native American vet who tried to make a barrier between the white catholic students and the black Hebrew Israelites); all I have to say is wrong is wrong at the end of the day.  I'll always side with peace and an extended hand rather than cast a stone.

… did that make sense?... :: shrugs ::

At any rate probably won't do any writing tonight but I'm on track for my 150k goal for the year.  So I think I'm going to eat a bit of ice cream and relax.

I still haven't nailed how I'm going to get through everything by next week but I'm not going to stress.. Things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment