Saturday, January 19, 2019

Weekend Progress Report 1/18-1/22


I think after I write this I might need to take a nap or just go to bed.  Today was a long day  Started off with being woken up at 4 in the morning (after only going to bed at like 2am).  I did eventually get in another hour or so of rest but I'm definitely feeling lethargic now.

That said I did start listening to "Midnight Sun" in order to get through one of my knitting projects.  Finished mi madres hat today so will start on the scarf tomorrow most likely and finish MS then (since it's only 6 hours).  I have another audio book that's 14 hours, which should help see me through the scarf.

So despite the craziness today I did get something done, so yay for that.  Also honorable mention to the breakfast I made today and how I was able to give my niece and nephews things to do that were self contained but allowed them to help with breakfast.  Like who peeled potatoes, whipped the batter or the eggs.  It was a pretty extensive breakfast - pancakes from scratch, cheesy eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, and fried potatoes (or maybe their called home fries) - but there were several mouths to feed (and some were pickier than others).

At any rate I'm going to try to wrap some words around TYWL and hopefully finish out this first draft.

Also we were forecast to get more snow this weekend but looks like it missed us.  I was definitely prepared for another snowed in weekend (since it had really been productive for me).

Oh, one last thing (I think), watched "The Hurricane Heist" on Netflix and it seemed to be all over the place.  I think it had me reflecting on what the script was like and if what eventually was the movie had been the original intent.  Because in one aspect it seems like it should be about these brothers who lost their dad in a hurricane years ago and their both still chasing down some unresolved thing... maybe?  Then there are the football anecdotes between Blitz?  Blaine? heck I can't remember the one bro's name now, just know the other one was Will/Willie.  Then there's Casey, Washington rep for this slew of old money and she has some story but it's all very meh.  I think I was vested to look up at it every now and then but what kept hitting in my head was "surprised this didn't go straight to DVD".  Because I DO remember it being in theaters and even then questioning it.

I guess all this is to say I think my mind may be gearing up for screenplay challenge in February.  Paying extra attention to what draws me in or what causes me to lose my interest.  The same is happening with books.  I like a bit of richness but I definitely need to be drawn in/invested enough to want it.

That said I still have a few things to do for January so I'm not sure if my plans may shift or if I'll just continue to work through things then.

Aye, I've rattled enough.  Time to write ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment