Monday, January 28, 2019

The Official 2019 Goal Post


1/28/19 So I originally wrote the below post early (like on the 3rd or 4th) and since I'm tired today, plus this post has been sitting in my drafts since then, figure I'll finally post it.  Without further ado...

Every year I have this plethora of things I want to accomplish and I usually tackle at lease a few of them on there.

This year isn't any different.  I have about 17 things I've officially written down and some others that I didn't write down with their own special checkbox.

For instance I have finish my aunt's website a 1st quarter goal but on my actual list of 2019 goals it's not included... why?  Because I have an item for pushing out my own site.  My thinking is that completing her site will help bring me closer in completing my own.  One of the things I'll be working on this month is her site.  Oddly enough I don't have a timeline mapped out for when I'll work on mine but based on my writing activity for the year I don't have anything planned in September or December.  I doubt I'll hold out that long but I digress.

As of now my 2019 Goals include some usual suspects like:
- Release a book
- Complete an open project (WL, TYWL, JfFW, Y2)
- Complete second draft of TYW (this has rolled over for several years, hopefully this will be the year I get my ish together)
- Travel to a new city
- Read 25 books
- Pay off 2 debts
- Blog 2x/wk

etc etc...

What I think I'll do differently this year is print some calendars in order to capture the days I do certain things.  Like walking 3x a week and maybe indicating that with a green dot.

Things always start off well in the beginning and I'm trying to keep it simple so I don't hop off the wagon.

That said my primary goal for determining success this first quarter will be the complete of my aunt's site.  And maybe by the second I'll have my three health related goals be the criteria for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment