Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hits and Misses for the Weekend of 1/11 - 1/13

I ask a lot of myself on the weekend, even when I think I'm not asking a lot.  I intentionally tried to keep this weekend light so I can pat myself on the back and proclaim I did it all.  As it is I'm still going to pay myself on the back.

There are less than two hours left to the weekend and two items I have not completed.  I could probably easily slide in one but I'm tired and still need to fold laundry as well as do the dishes.

BUT some honorable mentions, even though I did not tackle everything on my to do list due to some bad time management and HUGE technical issues with the computer I'm using for my aunt's site I did pretty darn good.

So honorable mentions:
- I made some delish dishes; breakfast was awesome (once I woke up) which was more like brunch with cheesy eggs, waffles, and fried potatoes (with garlic, bacon, and onion) then for dinner I was supposed to do the usual boxed jambalaya recipe and realized I didn't have any so I found an easy gumbo recipe online and made gumbo for the first time :)
- I am 3k shy of my 50k goal for TYWL
- Finished a hat with puffy fray and added a puff to the hat I finished last week; so their both officially done and ready to go... also started working on a hat for mi madres (which I'll likely work on some more once I finish this entry and fold this load of laundry)

And for the weekend to do results....

Missed:
- 2-4 hr revision time and/or minimum of 2 index cards (this I could probably still squeeze in but I'm learning toward not)
- Finish reading a book (and this is where I should know better... I'm a slow reader so I would have had to dedicate a day to achieve this one).  That said I did make progress listening to "Mirage" while knitting.  And I'm finally invested in the story.  It took me some time.

Hits:
- 2K for TYWL (did nearly 5k toward this goal yesterday)
- 3-5 hrs of knitting (knocked out a couple projects and started a new one)
- 2 hrs on aunt's website (around all the chopping/dicing/cooking today I had some major updates to the computer before it would let me do anything but about 6 ish it finally came together)
- N19 Prep activity (I completed this yesterday and I think it followed me into my sleep... I think one of my dreams might've sort been revealing a bit about this story)

And there ye have it.  I definitely got more done this weekend and I'm happy for the small progress I made. Here's to hoping for a productive week.  I'm not sure how I'll focus it quite yet so I can hit my goals but I'm sure I'll noodle on it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment