Thursday, January 10, 2019

Hunkering Down for Impending Snow

I left work late, as soon as I got in worked on dinner and when that was done had to run to the store.  And judging by the shelves a lot of people had the same thing in mind.

Still, I have done the weekend shopping today so once the snow starts tomorrow I'm in.  I wasn't able to do much today as I'd planned, writing wise.  I'd packed the TYW with the intent of doing an index card over my lunch break but between emails, IM, and someone stopping at my desk for a question it just didn't happen :(

I think in the future I'm going to begin taking my lunch in the cafeteria or maybe at the old café to get some quiet.  I thought at the very least I might be able to add some words to TYWL too and even packed my Bluetooth keyboard (so I could add to the story to my phone) and there was just too much going on.  I have difficulty drawing a line in the sand when it comes to task at work.  So next week I'll try getting away from my desk for the lunch hour and see how that fares.

That said I REALLY want to catch up with my classes this weekend because I'm weeks behind with the three I signed up for and I think a new session is about to start soon (and I signed up for an editing one).  I also need to register for piano classes again.

However I need to be realistic with myself so I'll plan on working on the website again this weekend and at least getting caught up with that class.  And will maybe try to tackle a couple other things this weekend.  Still working through what will be my goals/to do for the weekend (that are within reason).

It truly feels like there's been more than 10 days of the New Year thus far.  I think with trying to get so much done and maximizing my time it feels much longer even on the days I don't get quite as much done.  I'm still chiseling bit by bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment