Friday, January 18, 2019

Yay for Long Weekends... Weekend To Do for 1/18 - 1/22


This coming Monday is the MLK holiday.  Some odd years ago I remember me and my niece read the entire "I Have A Dream..." speech in observance.  It felt great.  I'm thinking I'll reread a speech or two in observance.

That said since this is a long weekend and I've tacked on an extra day for myself I still like it's important I give myself stuff to do but not go overboard.  Last weekend was a good balance even if I didn't get to two things, I still knocked out everything else plus some personal items.

I also managed to knock out some personal things this past week, like sending off one of the knitted hats I made.  Have one other I need to deliver.

Anywho, even though I count Friday as part of the weekend to do, most of the time I don't get much in since I have to work and today I had a release so I worked late thus the later than usual blog entry.  And I really wanted to write something tonight to make myself accountable for the weekend (rather than rely on one of the emergency drafts).

That said, I haven't done too much thinking for the weekend.  

These are the definite items I wish to accomplish:
- Complete the Jan release for work (lol... DONE)
- Finish another knitting project (mi madres hat or scarf)
- Finish an open novel
- Start my RT of BoM
- 2-4 hrs on aunt's website
- 2k to TYWL
- Two good naps

Optional/additional things:
- Read a total of 2 books this weekend (so just getting in one extra)
- Complete TYWL (I'm nearing the 50k mark and would love if I just finished the first draft)
- Catch up in one of my classes (I'se behind in all 3, like weeks behind -_-)
- Finish my aunt's site (dreams.. I know, but at least a first draft of it that I can share with her)
- Editorial Map Index Cards for TYW maybe at least 2-3 (pending I complete the TYWL draft)

And this feels good.  Reasonable.  I should be able to tackle everything on the definite list with room to breathe while still giving myself the challenge to tackle things on the optional side.

We'll see how I progress tomorrow.  Going to veg for the evening after I log a book on GR and update an appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment