Tuesday, January 29, 2019

If I Were a Boy vs Like a Boy


I'm sure there was probably something back in the day that pitted these two songs against one another.  While I was driving today, listening to the music from my phone, one of the songs came on which immediately prompted me to want to hear the other and belt it out.

Over the years, depending on my mood, I'm sure I've favored one more than the other.... There was a reason I brought this up and now I've forgotten.

/random

At any rate finally made it to a Shut Up & Write event.  And it looks like they'll be meeting again on Friday so I'm going to try to attend that as well.  But the good news with attending tonight is I FINALLY got past chapter 10.  I've been stuck on the revision index card for ch. 10 for WEEKS!  And I'm not sure if it's because there's something problematic with that chapter (since I did make a note to split out the POVs) or if it was just a matter of me needing to be in that atmosphere to focus.

And I felt sooooo welcomed, even having come in late.  The organizer was awesome and I just popped a squat at the high table and went to work, surrounded by other writers.  And it was good because I didn't feel weird for not sitting with everyone else at the main table (which was fully loaded) but everyone was pretty spread out.  I don't know, it definitely felt different for me and an environment I could work in.  I mean heck I finally sat down to TYW again and now I'm back in it which is a big thing for me.

So there's that.  I think I'm getting to the point where I'm wanting more writely engagement and interaction.  I can still fully operate/function on my own and keep myself accountable but... yeah.

Speaking of I'm nearing the point to hand off the site to my aunt.  It's definitely a first draft/ work in progress but can be used and accessed.  I just need to type up some instructions for the hand off and set time to go over it.

Well I'm off.  Going to try to relax a bit before passing out .

No comments:

Post a Comment