Wednesday, January 16, 2019

And I'm Feelin' Good

::in my Nina Simone voice::

I have to admit I've been moving in and out of moods lately.  Though every time something negative tries to insert itself I try to call it out and challenge the thought or have my moment and ask myself why it is I'm having that.  My own internal therapy.

That said today presented it's challenges with returning to work after only being gone one day.  It's difficult trying to play catch up and there are things demanding/wanting your attention that very moment.  But even as I wanted to hop around to things I felt might be a priority and sometimes I would skip around I would inevitably bring myself to looking at things one at a time in order and keeping things open until I came across something that made it seem complete (so based on what was left open I knew there'd be an action for me).  I always think/remind myself of doing it 'bird by bird'... speaking of it's been years since I've read that.  I think I want to try to reread it sometime this year.

I managed to get some things checked off my to do list at work which felt GREAT.  Even though it meant I was there until almost 7 and that would cut into my writing time this evening.  I also knocked out some other errands like getting to the library to get volumes 4-5 omnibus for Twinkle Stars, post office, gas, store, and a dinner run since I knew it'd be too late to try to cook.

I'm nearing the 50k mark with TYWL.  Have 49k and some change.  I'm trying to wrap my mind around this ending because I know when I revise there will definitely need to be an emphasis on the timeline and structure (I've bounced around so much with it).  I also think once I finish it, it'll mentally free me to really focus on my TYW index cards for my revision prep.

I'm also still sort of reliving the brief joy in trying to reach out to an old friend but sad because it did bounce back (email no longer valid).  But it was such an interesting feeling to behold that I felt this elation from making that decision and ultimately following through with reaching out.

Over the weekend a classmate reached out to me as well and her email/message totally made my day.  In fact I meant to make a post about it and forgot.  But it's always amazing to me the people who are watching and following along with your progress.  And this particular person has good vibes, like she's such a positive soul and to get this message from her really touched me.

Anywho I think I'm babbling.  One final thing, yesterday I did an apple cider rinse with my hair.  I'm not sure if it's stress, diet, or a combination of things but I feel like every time I turn around there's a little fluff of my curly fro-mini coming out.  I did read that too much Vitamin A can be bad for the hair and I've definitely been doing a lot of that so tonight I'm cutting back.  However wanted to comment how nice my hair feels after the rinse.  I'm trying to work better at not stressing myself out but in the meantime constantly working on making better decisions with the diet.

I suppose I should go do something writerly before it gets too late ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment